We have linked with 12 organisations throughout the commonwealth to provide both short and long term clinical fellowships.
The following organisations have agreed to participate as fellowship provider institutions for the clinical fellowship programme.
Please follow the links for more detail on clinical fellowships offered by the following Consortium members:
- Aravind Eye Hospital, India: One-year fellowships in Cornea, Paediatric Ophthalmology, Glaucoma, Retina and IOL are offered in Madurai, Tirunelveli, Coimbatore and Pondicherry. A one month ROP fellowship is also available. Follow the link to the available fellowships from the item on the homepage.
- Ispahani Islamia Eye Institute and Hospital, Bangladesh: Both long term fellowships and short term attachments in Cornea/Anterior Segment, Paediatric Ophthalmology, Oculoplastics, Glaucoma and Retina/Vitreous.
- LV Prasad Eye Institute, India: Long term fellowships (currently 15 months) and short term attachments are offered in Cornea/Anterior Segment, Glaucoma, Retina and Vitreous, Paediatric Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery and Ocular Oncology and Low Vision.
- HV Desai Eye Hospital, India: Short term attachments are offered in Small Incision Cataract Surgery (1 month), Medical Retina (2 months), Vitreo Retina (3 months), Glaucoma (2 months), Cornea (2 months), Oculoplastics (3 months), Paediatric Ophthalmology (3 months), and Low Vision (1 month).
- Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan: Long term fellowships in Cornea, Paediatric Ophthalmology, Oculoplastics, Glaucoma, Vitreo-Retina and Low Vision.
- Moorfields Eye Hospital, UK: Short term ‘observerships’ for two month periods in cataract, cornea, glaucoma (2 weeks only), medical retina (2 weeks only), neuro-ophthalmology, strabismus & paediatrics and vitreo-retina.
- Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore: One year fellowships in Paediatric Ophthalmology, Cataract, Uveitis, Glaucoma, Retina, Oculoplastics, Cornea and Neuro-ophthalmology. Competition for these places is extremely high and not available until 2018.
- University of Cape Town, South Africa: One year fellowship in Surgical Retina.
- The Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, Ontario, Canada (affiliated with Queen’s University).
The Eye Department is proposing a three month fellowship combining elements of oculoplastics, cornea, glaucoma and neuro-ophthalmology (depending upon availability) as well as general ophthalmology.
- Donald K. Johnson Eye Institute, Ontario, Canada have made available one-year fellowships in medical retina, glaucoma or cornea.
- Misericordia Health Centre, Manitoba, Canada are offering both a three month paediatric ophthalmology and a one year glaucoma fellowship in 2018.
- 12 month fellowship available in Auckland, New Zealand. A one-year fellowship in oculoplastics is available from July 2018.
VISION 2020 LINKS programme: Two to three month short-term observerships through the UK LINK partner as agreed by both LINK institutions.
Applications for ALL of these places are now closed.
Image Credit: Adeymo Timothy Ayoku